Dunedin Family Fitness is a proud sponsor of this exciting inaugural event in our local community. There is nothing like a Local Dunedin Race race to get you ready for the running season here in FL and this one is going to be one to remember for sure! The Honeymoon Half Marathon will be taking place right here in our own local playground, Honeymoon Island State Park. November 8, 2014 is the day and although the race is now SOLD OUT there have been some spots that have become available due to deferrals that will fill quickly. So if you are thinking about running this event with us visit the registration site HERE to register soon.
You can get the full scoop on the race website (click here) but here are the quick details:
- November 8, 2014. All runners must be on the island by PRIOR to 7 am for race check in.
- For runners already signed up there will be packet pick up at Dunedin Family Fitness on Friday November 7th from 4p – 7p. There will be NO registration at this packet pick up. Race Morning at 6am. Preregistered runners will get a Honeymoon Half sweatshirt AND short sleeve race shirt
- The park opens at 5:30 a.m. and there is no gate fee.
- All distances will start at 7:30 am.
- There will be 9 Aid Stations 7 which will be water stations and 4 that will have public restrooms access.
- All races are chipped timed and the park will be closed from 7a – 9a. You have until 12 noon to complete your race.
- THE BLACK HONKEYS will be the finish line entertainment; they will take the stage at 9am and continue with non-stop music until 10:30am – NO interruptions!
- All finishers will receive a 4″ inaugural Finishers Medal.
- There will be FREE BEER at the finish for all runners (over 21 years of age) which will be provided by our very own local microbrewery, Dunedin Brewery.
- There will also be Pancake breakfast and Jambalaya by Cafe Honeymoon, free to runners and on sale for all participants.
Sounds like a blast right? We would love to see some more of our members out there with us enjoying this event! It’s going to be a great day in paradise!
And if you just want to volunteer there is a space for you too. Visit the website for information on how to volunteer.